"It’s Round, It’s Squishy… It’s My Sponge!"
This is what M said to me last night after he lifted my shirt up to lay his head on my bare stomach. Wow, now there’s a reason to do a core workout if I’ve ever heard one! Good thing that I was thinking of this already or I would have been really offended… Kerrie over at Mom vs. Marathon mentioned that she was doing this workout and it looks totally do-able. I like the fact that it covers pretty much everything and is only 15 minutes long! Now I just have to get myself an excercise ball (or steal one from Mum and Dad – hint, hint, if you still have yours).
Other fun stuff and ramblings about my weekend:
- I found out today that I won another giveaway! And it’s another Bondi Band! Sarah at Running Mama hosted a giveaway to celebrate having over 100 followers and her husband chose my name out of a hat. I’ll get one of the two shown below, but I have to wait to find out which one. There was another winner and she gets first choice. I think that it’ll be nice when the weather is a little better – my running hat is starting to
smelllook a little worse for wear.
- I had a really good run on Sunday. I was supposed to be tapering for my half marathon that’s coming up on the 27th, but ever since I missed my 10km tempo last Wednesday (see last post #6) I had been craving a run. Now, this has never happened to me. Usually if I miss/skip a run I don’t feel the need to make up for it. However, I just HAD to get out on a longer run. Thankfully C was very understanding; though I would have understood if he hadn’t been given that it was Father’s Day and I left him at home with the boy. We ran 13km over a fairly hilly route in about 1-1/2 hours. It was great! Lesson learned for the day: Gu Roctane is no better for me than regular Gu – for half the price and better flavours, I’ll stick with what I already know.
- C and I have started doing his strength/stretch exercises from when he was in physio. I’m pretty sure it’s starting to help (or else it’s just being hopped up on extra-strength ibuprofin). As long as I fix whatever it is that’s bothering my leg right now – here’s praying it’s only residual from bad shoes, not ITB issues – I think I’ll be fine. The only part that bothers me is that it takes over 30 minutes to complete. At least we can do it together – now that’s romantic!
T-Minus 6 days to the Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon!
I had two great running-related things happen to me today:
1. I got new shoes! Yay! I would have preferred to buy them online and have them shipped to Blaine, WA, but I needed them NOW. So C called around and found a place locally that had them $30 cheaper than anywhere else. It’s unfortunate that my work won’t have them in until August as that would have saved me a bundle, but I’ll remember to buy a pair to put away when they come in. We’ll see how my 20km long run goes tomorrow – lots of Body Glide for the feet – but if I had to choose between blisters and not being able to run due to a wrecked knee I’d go with blisters every time.
2. I checked my email when I got home from work and discovered that I won a contest! Yay again! Christine at Sticky Fingerprints did a review of Bondi Bands and had 3 to give to her blog readers. I will receive one of the following designs: