1. THE GOOD: ran with two friends today. Wasn’t the speediest run – covered 8.43km in roughly an hour – but had Spud in the stroller. I got a break for a little while when Jenn offered to take over. It was very much appreciated!
2. THE BAD: my hip flexor still hurts. And, really, I’m not surprised since I’ve done nothing to help myself. I really need to
get off my ass start stretch and strength exercises. I need to work on my core too. I know my posture is atrocious if I’m pushing Spud. Good thing New Year’s resolutions are coming up!
3. THE UGLY: I have to go to work tonight. Night crew. 10:30pm – 7am. I work for a large sporting goods retailer as sales support. That means I get to help with Boxing Day ad prep and set up (I get to work Boxing Day too).
1. I have jumped on another social media bandwagon. No, not Twitter. I think I’ll stay far, far away from that one…
I have to say that the power of suggestion is strong in the blogosphere. Quite a few of the blogs I read have been promoting the Endurance Athlete Project. Essentially it’s Facebook for the physically fit! I’m actually kind of excited about it. I don’t follow a lot of blogs on their fb profiles simply because it made my regular fb too much. However, this makes it a little easier. My only problem is that starting out I’ll have to be the cyber-stalker making all the friend requests… We’ll see how it goes.
2. I went for one cold, rainy run today. Nothing like being committed to a run with a running partner. We seemed to hit the worst rain of the day – total downpour and windy. My DWR jacket had nothing on the rain. I think the only part of me that was dry was my stomach – it was shielded a bit by the stroller. Of course it’s beautiful sunny breaks now…
3. My hip flexor is dumb. I had severe hip flexor pain during my marathon (not that I knew what it was then, just that I couldn’t lift my legs) and it’s started to act up again. I don’t know if it’s from pushing the stroller and being out of alignment or from running faster. I haven’t really upped my distance lately – the longest I’ve run is about 15km. All I know is that I have to start doing Colin’s physio strength and stretch exercises. ERGH!!! I’m so bad with doing workouts at home… obviously I’ll have to add them onto the core work I’m also supposed to be doing. Hello, New Year’s resolution!