Monday Musings: HTC 2011
This is by no means a recap of this past weekend at Hood To Coast with Nuun. I’m pretty sure it’s going to take a week’s worth of posts to get all that down! Here are just a few random things to tide you over….
- I am actually not that sore. Surprising, considering that I ran down a freaking mountain. It must have been the almost 3 hours of rolling with the stick I did sitting in the border line up waiting to get home last night.
- I am emotionally overloaded right now. There were so many ups and downs (both literally and figuratively) this weekend that I’m trying to process. Being the most introverted person in the van will bring that on. Holy overwhelmed, Batman.
- Canada needs better data plans (re: cheaper). My sad little flip phone was a slight embarrassment when everyone else had a pretty iPhone/Blackberry to tweet with. I mostly just read over their shoulders and listened to my iPod.
- I had an amazing team and I wish I got to spend more time with Van 2. It felt like we only saw them for a couple of hours during the whole event.
- How many companies do you know of where the president is game to not only wear, but run, in a sparkly pink skirt?
- We had an official photographer/videographer for the weekend. I love this shot:
|Taken on Becker’s iPhone|
- Watch for Nuun to be bringing out new flavours some time in the near-ish future. We’ve been sworn to secrecy since they’re still testing, but there were a couple of good ones in the batch we got to try. Sorry, Mason, but you know that one was just gross. And, yes, I know that you didn’t force me to try it…
- Our team finished (unofficially) in 28:12:46, which was good enough for 4th in the Women’s Corporate Division! That should mean an official invite to come back next year. So, Nuun, do we get to make up the team again?!? You know we’re all game!
Thank you again (and always) Nuun for choosing me!
It really was an adventure of a lifetime!