Team Nuun Tuesday
Welcome to my new Tuesday feature where I discuss all things relating to my Hood To Coast adventure with Team Nuun.
“Team Nuun Tuesday” has a nice ring to it so I thought that I could condense all of my ramblings and thoughts into one post a week rather than have a smattering about it here and there. It puts it all together nicely and, if you are sick to death of reading about HTC, then you can just avoid my blog on Tuesdays until the end of August!
Fun and exciting things that happened this week:
* We received our leg assignments! Drum roll please and hip, hip, hooray: I’m running Leg #1 (13 and 25)!!! This was my first choice and I am extremely excited to have gotten it. It’s listed as the least difficult and has the lowest mileage, but that isn’t why I chose it. I wanted to do it because leg #1 runs down the side of Mt. Hood. Literally. It’s a steep road and there is a 2000ft elevation LOSS in 5.64mi/9km.
* One of the reasons I’m happy with my assignment is that I can train for it. All I need now is to find one or two of my real life friends who are willing to help me out. If anyone wants to run down Mt. Seymour Parkway with me or at least drop me off 9km up the road let me know! I’m not joking.
* I came home from work on Friday to find not only 2 emails from Nuun regarding placements, but 21 other messages from teammates! We are all apparently very proactive. So far we’re brainstorming team names and slogans to write on our vans.
* I found out my teammates and couldn’t be happier! Lots of amazing women and I’ll get to know the ones who aren’t in my van in the time before and after the race.
* Today marks my first ever 2-a-day! Like many things running, if you’d asked me 2 years ago if I thought that it was a good idea to run twice in one day I would have looked at you like you were nuts. I ran a steady and slow 7.5km in about an hour this morning with Spud and will do a 3km tempo run with my half clinic this evening.