The Stylish Blogger Award…
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 or 15 (depends on who sent you the rules) recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
The first rule is complete so here are 7 random facts about myself*:
1. Colin and I have been together since 1999. That’s over 1/3 of my life.
2. I threw javelin in high school. I was neither the best nor the worst member of the team. It was fun and I got to “travel” to Washington and Oregon!
3. After watching the Golden Globes last night I still think Colin Firth is good looking. I’m sure it has something to do with the whole BBC Pride and Prejudice Mr. Darcy thing, but I don’t care. I should really watch that again!
4. I killed my self laughing over Colin’s high school “fashion sense” yesterday. We were dubbing tapes off the VCR to dvd (yup, we still have cassette tapes kicking around. We borrowed the VCR, though) and there were some awesome selections. Stüssy, Mossimo and No Fear tees – all way to big, Adidas soccer shorts (he’s NEVER played on a team), an unfortunate meeting between his hair and a bottle of peroxide, etc. I think the best was that he totally owned wearing his black jeans.
Me: Are you wearing black jeans?
Colin: Oh yeah! Orange tab!
5. I’ve been going to the same place for summer vacation since I was 12. I ♥ Tofino, British Columbia. I think I only missed one year due to school or work. We still go with my parents so it’s a real family vacation.
6. I love pop. The beverage not the music category. I’d be happy if I could replace water with black cherry Coke. I am currently drinking the last can of Pepsi in the house and know that it’s in my best interest not to replace it anytime soon. I will, however, still drink pop at my parents’ house since they always have some in their downstairs fridge.
7. Here is one of my favourite pictures of myself. It was taken back when Colin and I had time to go hiking. It’s one thing to carry a pack full of gear for 8+ hours. I don’t think I could carry a pack full of kid for more than a couple. It’s car camping for us for the foreseeable future.