A. Sometimes the whole concept of social media kind of freaks me out. I commented on a question Nathan Hydration posted on facebook today (since I already won a handheld I doubt that I’ll win a belt, but I digress). All well and good except that out of about a dozen comments I saw that two were by other runner bloggers. And they were under their real names so what I recognized was their pictures/first names. It makes the world seem like a very small place.*
B. You know you’re a runner when:
- Joining Marathon Maniacs seems like a good idea.
- You think that running 2 marathons in 2 days seems like an okay way to get the membership. Not the easiest, but maybe feasible?
- You’d be willing to run 2 in 2 days if you had the money.
- You are trying to figure out how to get said money…
- You ask if anyone wants to fund your quest (hehe) – any one crazy enough for 1 May in Vancouver and 2 May in Eugene? The first run would be a PR, but the second almost a certain PW! That’s a long drive…
I’m not that serious about the above list (unless someone really does want to pay!)… it’ll go on my bucket list. I’ll just aim for a new PR.
* It’s definitely one of the reasons all my privacy settings are up to date!
Yup, we are all connected. And I KNOW I was one of those runner bloggers you saw. I saw you on there too! (I won the handheld too!)
All of B are completely true for me too!
October 26, 2010 at 11:57 pm
So I am pretty sure I'm gonna run the BMO Vancouver marathon! Maybe we'll bump into each other!!
October 27, 2010 at 12:02 am
@Tonia – it was you and Laurie from The (Mis)Adventures of a Jogging Stroller Mom.
@Michelle – maybe a meetup is in order?
October 27, 2010 at 12:12 am
you are not alone … or are those just stalkers?
October 27, 2010 at 1:47 am
ROLLING ON FLOOR LAUGHING AT THIS!!! So something that I have thought about… OBX is the day after RVA… it's only a 3-4 hour drive. I have a family member who lives down there… it's only a 3-4 hour drive. If I did it, how would I keep it from my husband?
These are the things that keep me up at night.
October 28, 2010 at 5:48 pm